- For the love of Peyton: the Knoxville editionPosted 3 years ago
- The Cowardly KiffinPosted 4 years ago
- Around the SEC: Bama’s Beatable, LSU’s Loaded Plus UT…Posted 4 years ago
- SEC Locks of the WeekPosted 4 years ago
- SEC GridIron Live’s Tim Couch, James Bates Sing Butch Jones SongPosted 4 years ago
- Around the SEC: Week 3Posted 4 years ago
- 4 Questions for Overreacting Vol FansPosted 4 years ago
- SEC Picks Against the Number: Week 3Posted 4 years ago
- Vols Ready Themselves to Get in the Water with the Oregon DucksPosted 4 years ago
- Tennessee Volunteers Welcome Petrino, Western KentuckyPosted 4 years ago
Crank calls and whatnot [VIDEO]
- Updated: May 20, 2013
So, first off, this video ain’t right. I’m just letting you know because if you assumed it was, then went off and watched it, you’d likely be most upset. So don’t do that. Don’t assume this video is right and watch it, then get all upset. Also, there’s some language. So there’s that, too.
Another also: this video was inspired by one of my favorite cyber-pack of Twitter-ers out there — a pack which includes @LoneNutVolFan, @NewMarketMauler, @TheReal_KG, @dccoletrain (aka king of the avis), @RoyMullens, @Jmartn2, @MayorOfRheatown and a few others I’m probably forgetting on accident. And I’m here to tell you — they’re a good crew.
Also, the photoshopped pics featured in this video are the OUT. STANDING. work of @LoneNutVolFan. Thanks, buddy, for letting me use them.
To anyone who takes this video too seriously — stop taking stuff like this too seriously. It’s over-the-top satire as well as a creative outlet for me to express my fandom. Not a thing more.
OH, and if there are any short people out there who are offended by some of the short jokes in this one, I got news for you.
So get over it. Lord knows I did.
Alright, no more disclaimers. Just a final note: this one features the iconic work of a man whose voice I’ve heard almost as much as John Ward’s. I’m speaking of the legendary John Bean, the founding father of the crank call, often imitated, but never duplicated, especially by big, morning-show, corporate-clown types.
Anyway, here it is, my quasi tribute to the late Mr. Bean a la the…