- For the love of Peyton: the Knoxville editionPosted 3 years ago
- The Cowardly KiffinPosted 4 years ago
- Around the SEC: Bama’s Beatable, LSU’s Loaded Plus UT…Posted 4 years ago
- SEC Locks of the WeekPosted 4 years ago
- SEC GridIron Live’s Tim Couch, James Bates Sing Butch Jones SongPosted 4 years ago
- Around the SEC: Week 3Posted 4 years ago
- 4 Questions for Overreacting Vol FansPosted 4 years ago
- SEC Picks Against the Number: Week 3Posted 4 years ago
- Vols Ready Themselves to Get in the Water with the Oregon DucksPosted 4 years ago
- Tennessee Volunteers Welcome Petrino, Western KentuckyPosted 4 years ago
Derek Dooley Fired as UT Head Coach
- Updated: November 18, 2012
Derek Dooley fired
The Derek Dooley era at the University of Tennessee is officially over. The announcement is expected to come in a 2:00 press conference. Few would argue that last night’s loss was one of the worst in Volunteer history. That team just quit last night. And Dooley looked like a defeated man on the sidelines. He looked worse, still, on The Derek Dooley Show this morning. Telling, I thought, that he wasn’t wearing a tie nor the Tennessee pin which he’d taken to wearing. Evidence, perhaps, that he had already been informed of the decision.
Where will the Vols go from here? The longer the Gruden thing sticks around, the more I think it’s possible. Though the media has all acknowledged that they’ve heard from credible sources that the Vols are, indeed, in contact with Gruden, most remain skeptical that a deal will be reached.
Oddly, it’s their very skepticism that has me thinking there’s a chance. What do you think? Will Jon Gruden be the next Vols head coach? Would you want him to be? Who do you think the Vols will hire?
More on this story as it unfolds.