- The Cowardly KiffinPosted 73 days ago
- Around the SEC: Bama’s Beatable, LSU’s Loaded Plus UT…Posted 79 days ago
- SEC Locks of the WeekPosted 83 days ago
- SEC GridIron Live’s Tim Couch, James Bates Sing Butch Jones SongPosted 84 days ago
- Around the SEC: Week 3Posted 86 days ago
- 4 Questions for Overreacting Vol FansPosted 87 days ago
- SEC Picks Against the Number: Week 3Posted 90 days ago
- Vols Ready Themselves to Get in the Water with the Oregon DucksPosted 92 days ago
- Tennessee Volunteers Welcome Petrino, Western KentuckyPosted 97 days ago
- The Annual Nightmare is Ending: Football Season is Here for the Tennessee VolunteersPosted 119 days ago
The Foundation of Foundation Week: Butch Jones
- Updated: July 22, 2013
Butch Jones is off to a great start as the head football coach at the University of Tennessee. And no week of his brief tenure has been more indicative of that than this past one. For during it, six young men committed to join the class of 2014: WR Eric Lauderdale, DB Cortez McDowell, OL Ray Raulerson, WR Dominque Booth, DB RaShaan Gaulden, and LB Kevin Mouhon. All but one are a four-star prospects.
The timing is hardly a coincidence. All of these commits came during what UT was touting as Foundation Week which culminated on Sunday with Foundation Day. This whole foundation business is an obvious play on the Brick by Brick slogan, as well as the latest example of Butch Jones’ marketing savvy, and it had enough sizzle to draw an impressive list of UT commits and targets to Knoxville over the weekend. By the time the dust had settled, the Vols boasted a class that stood at 24 strong and was once again the No. 1 ranked class in the nation.
To read the rest, head over to the TN Sports Radio website by clicking HERE.