- For the love of Peyton: the Knoxville editionPosted 3 years ago
- The Cowardly KiffinPosted 4 years ago
- Around the SEC: Bama’s Beatable, LSU’s Loaded Plus UT…Posted 4 years ago
- SEC Locks of the WeekPosted 4 years ago
- SEC GridIron Live’s Tim Couch, James Bates Sing Butch Jones SongPosted 4 years ago
- Around the SEC: Week 3Posted 4 years ago
- 4 Questions for Overreacting Vol FansPosted 4 years ago
- SEC Picks Against the Number: Week 3Posted 4 years ago
- Vols Ready Themselves to Get in the Water with the Oregon DucksPosted 4 years ago
- Tennessee Volunteers Welcome Petrino, Western KentuckyPosted 4 years ago
Top 10 recruit names
- Updated: January 4, 2013
A while back, former Vol standout and current Tennessee Sports Radio host Erik Ainge reached out to me via Twitter and asked if I’d be interested in working with his station by providing content for their website.
Talk about a no-brainer. I love TSR and listen to them almost exclusively. So I was obviously more than happy to write for them. I’m even happier to tell you that everyone I’ve met at TSR has been super-cool. I’ve had the most contact with Erik and I couldn’t be a bigger fan of the guy.
I think he and station owner Jason Bailey (JayBay) do a great job on their show and I sense that Jason has his group well positioned to continue kicking ass and taking names. Because that’s exactly what they’ve been doing.
If you’re not already listening to 1180am for your Vols smack, I don’t know what you’re waiting for. Great guys. Great content. Oh. And there’s this. They’ve all VOL.
Anyway, the first piece I wrote for them is called Top 10 recruit names and it goes a little something like this:
I get the feeling that there weren’t a ton of people listening to the Erik Ainge Show on Monday on account of New Year’s Day and all. And that’s really too bad, because EA and JayBay went on a nice little run.
See, JayBay came up with a theory — when it comes to recruiting, you should pretty much blow off the video and scrap the star system, and just offer scholarships based on a dude’s name. The harder to say, and or the catchier, the better.
They killed like an hour rattling off one fantastic name after another, and it was some of their best work. As such, I thought it’d be nice to review some of the names they threw out (plus a few I found on my own) along with my take on what makes each name so special.
SO, without further ado, and in no particular order, I present to you my
Top 10 recruit names
Continue reading over at tnsportsradio.com by clicking HERE.